To: <dev@l10n.openoffice.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:43 PM
Subject: Re: [l10n-dev] openoffice.org in Kirghiz

Hi Timur,

Welcome to OO.o project!

Timur Jamakeev wrote:
Hi,

My name is Timur Zhamakeev. I'm team leader of Kirghiz localization groups some open source projects. Our team interested in localization of openoffice.org. How we can start localization process? Who can open Kirghiz section on pootle server for our language?

I'm the Pootle administrator and can help you add Kirghiz to Pootle if you want.

Before creating a project in Pootle, I'd recommend you to discuss with your team how will you start localization work. Pootle is one of the methods of OO.o localization (though many teams are working with Pootle) and you can choose a preferred process.

And you also can consider setting up a Native-Language project. Here is the list of current Native-Language projects:
http://projects.openoffice.org/native-lang.html

Wiki page of localization status:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Languages

And here Pootle user guide: