On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:48 PM, Uwe Fischer <u...@openoffice.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 02/06/09 12:15, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is that "jumping to jumping" correct?
>>
>> helpcontent2/swriter/guide.po
>>
>> navigator.xhp#bm_id3154897.help.text
>> <bookmark_value>Navigator; overview in
>> texts</bookmark_value><bookmark_value>hyperlinks;jumping
>> to</bookmark_value><bookmark_value>objects;quickly moving to, within
>> text</bookmark_value><bookmark_value>frames;jumping
>> to</bookmark_value><bookmark_value>tables;jumping
>> to</bookmark_value><bookmark_value>headings;jumping
>> to</bookmark_value><bookmark_value>pages;jumping
>> to</bookmark_value><bookmark_value>jumping;to text
>> elements</bookmark_value><bookmark_value>overviews;Navigator in text
>> documents</bookmark_value>
>>

> these are index entries that the user can read in the Index list of Help
> Viewer.
> The Navigator can be used to jump to some different objects, like you can
> jump to the destination of a hyperlink on a web page.
> So the entry "tables;jumping to" adds a second level index entry "jumping
> to", below the first level entry "tables".
> A user who opens the Index tab page of Help might want to read about "How to
> jump to a certain table of which I only know the name, but don't know on
> which of the 500 pages it is?" - and the answer would be given by this index
> entry.
> Feel free to translate it as you think it is right for your users.
Thanks for your explanation. It deepens my understanding on what happens
behind the translation.

However, I did mean that, if you remove all the tags, the Help will look like:

Navigator; overview in
 texts hyperlinks;jumping
 to objects;quickly moving to, within
 text frames;jumping
 to tables;jumping
 to headings;jumping
 to pages;jumping
 to jumping;to text
 elements overviews;Navigator in text
 documents

So I think that in the 3rd line from the bottom, "to jumping" and "to text"
should be swap.

And I think that is the problem in the English version.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )