Hi,

On 02/04/09 19:13, Nguyen Vu Hung wrote:
Hi all,

Please take a look at the example below. Should I translate the value
of "name" element
( which is "Edit -Footnote" )? Or better save to leave it as it is?

If we had translated "Edit -Footnote" into Vietnamese (UTF-8), could OOo Help
can handle "name" of "<link>" which contains non-ASCII characters?
Is there any potential problems when doing this?

# I have to ask this because the current translaton of OOo vi contains many
# translated msgstrs like this one.

# Found in OOo Po Help
To edit the numbering properties of a footnote or endnote anchor,
click in front of the anchor, and choose <link
href="text/swriter/01/02150000.xhp" name="Edit - Footnote"><emph>Edit
- Footnote/Endnote</emph></link>.

Để chỉnh sửa các thuộc tính đánh số của neo của một cước chú hay kết
chú nào đó, nhấn chuột đằng trước neo, sau đó chọn lệnh <link
href="text/swriter/01/02150000.xhp" name="Sửa > Cước chú"><emph>Sửa >
Cước chú</emph></link>.

the "name" attribute of the "link" tag is expected to be used as an alternative text, for example for blind users who use screen reader software and hardware. The name attribute should contain the same string as the visible text of the link. I will update the English help later (may be we can write a script that runs through all help source files and updates the name attributes), but you can copy the translated visible text to the name attribute right now.

Uwe
--
  uwe.fisc...@sun.com  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany