Hi André,

>>> In dbaccess/ui/dlg.po 8 strings changed since m40. Only removal of
>>> fuzzy-tags was necessary.
> In fact there have been (once again) string changes after UI freeze,
> after Code Freze, after branching the release codeline and after
> starting the stopper suggestions.

"dbaccess" caught my attention here, that's one of the modules my team
works in ...

We might have a communication problem. In my understanding, changing
resources so that the effective strings stay the same, but maybe
identifiers change, or strings are moved within files, or such, is an
alloed change.

Also, the tool which we developers are required to run before passing a
CWS to QA ("cws_localize --no_checks") checks for "changed strings", and
"word count". To my best knowledge, only the latter is relevant (and
must be 0 after UI/translation freeze). The former might not be 0, but
this was never considered a problem.

Ain's "Only removal of fuzzy-tags was necessary" suggests the changes in
dbaccess in fact did not touch the actual strings, but some
"surroundings" only. (Only exception being one new string I found, but
this one is not localized at all.)

If this *is* a problem for translation, then I think we should urgently
communicate this to us developers. I am quite sure nearly nobody knows this.

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank Schönheit, Software Engineer         frank.schoenh...@sun.com -