From: Rafaella Braconi <rafaella.brac...@sun.com>
To: dev@l10n.openoffice.org
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:27:29 PM
Subject: Re: [l10n-dev] More than 97% of UI and 90% helpcontent2 translation
accomplished

Hi,

On 09/07/09 23:15, Belayneh Melka wrote:
>    Hello all,
>
>      The Oromo Language NLC project team has been translating openoffice.org
> translation files to Oromo Language for months. The team has already
> translated more than 97% of the UI part and more than 90% of the helpcontent2.
that's a great accomplishment! Congratulations!
>  So we need openoffice.org be released in this language. Can anyone help us
> on our remaining tasks to accomplish this?
The translation work can continue till October 16th - which is the deadline to
deliver translations. For all the ones using Pootle, it means that this is the
day when they need to stop working on translations. Translated files will be
downloaded from Pootle and localized CWS build will be provided by October
20th. Once the l10n build is available you need to perfom l10n testing. If you
don't have a TCM account, please request one at the
tcmrequ...@l10n.openoffice.org list.

In summary, after the translation work and you want to see your OOo Oromo
version distributed over the OOo mirrors, you need to:

1) run sanity check on RC l10n builds
2) update the test status on QATrack
3) set the status as APPROVED in qatrack
4) get an approved build distributed to the mirror network

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Testing_my_translation
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Release_Action_List_for_QA
>      In addition, how long does it take (roughly) for the release of
> openoffice.org in our language from now onwards?
Release date is planned end of November. Depending on how fast you approve the
Release Candidate builds, the OOo Ormo version will be distrubuted soon after
that date. Please see the roadmap at:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease32

Kind Regards,
Rafaella
>      Thanks in advance.
>
>            With Best regards,
>            Project Lead

-- Rafaella Braconi
Program Manager, SLS
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Nagelsweg 55
D-20097 Hamburg
Phone: +49-40-23646-0
Email: rafaella.brac...@sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Sun Microsystems GmbH
Sonnenallee 1, D-85551, Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels,  Wolf Frenkel