Hi Mathias,
Mathias Bauer wrote:
Sophie wrote:

Hi Eike,

In an exchange with Goran this summer, you discussed the support of RFC4646 tags and ODF 1.2 attribute enhancements to add more than one language variant or dialects. This is not supported currently in OOo. You said also that you need time to workout a concept to pass tags and script to API structure.

Do you have an idea of when this support will be added to OOo? It's not to put pressure on your shoulders, only to have an idea :)

The issue we face in FR project is different than Goran one, this is we have more than one spelling allowed for a same word and need to let the choice of two spellcheckers to the user.

That looks as if it was something completely different. Maybe Metadata
would be a solution for that problem?

How would it work? For me spell checkers are dependent from the locale and OOo does not allow for more that one language variant per locale. See Goran issue with Serbian/Latin, Serbian/Cyrillic and also Shtokavian. I'm not very skilled in this area, but I think that spell checkers are related here and we can't set different flavors for fr-FR language where we need to. It seems (from what I understand only) that RFC 4646 allow for tags in the form of:
- fr-x-classical
- fr-FR-x-1990
where x is a private tag. One of our FR member pointed to this page:
http://www.w3.org/International/articles/language-tags/

What I would like is that my request help also other languages like Serbian, Mongolian, or Letvian for there dialects or their different ways of writing words as well as those who have different spelling for the same words (I know Portuguese is also entering a spelling reform).
But may be I'm mistaken here and this could be achieve else way.

Kind regards
Sophie