Hi Martin,

there was indeed a communication problem. Also most people here inside SUN including me was not aware about this migration module and about the impact on the translation.

I asked the developer to communicate about this tool in a blog entry or in mailing list thus everything is clearer what this tools does. So to give a short explanation this migration tool there is used to analyse microsoft office documents if they might cause problems with our openoffice import filters. To use the tool you need a microsoft office installation. There is a zip ( MigrationAnalysis.zip ) in the windows local bin output tree that contains some vb executable which calls microsoft office and ask for a directory where it can find the documents it should analyse. The result is written into a Excel sheet.

Cheers,
Ivo

Martin Srebotnjak schrieb:
By the time this question was answered I already completed the
Slovenian translation (if you remember, last third of September is
pretty close to the - previously announced - translation delivery date
and translators do not wait to the last moment to start translating).
And it is strange it takes 3 months to answer this question.

When a large part of text like that is included in the translation
files, someone should notify us it is not intended for translation at
the time it is added and not three months later - what else do the
translation strings do in the sdf file if not waiting for translation?
Will we have to ask for any new po file or even every new string in
the Pootle if it is intended for translation or if it is there just by
mistake? But I am not angry so do not take this personally, please, I
am just pointing to another thing that went wrong in the process of
3.2 localization process/management.

Anyway, Slovenian translation is available if anyone is interested,
just let me know :)

Can someone point me to the executable or the extension of this thing,
I would really like to see how it works with real world files. I mean,
I spent quite some time translating it, now I would at least like to
see this thing in action.

Lp, m.