Hi,

first of all thank you Cor for your trust in me that i would be an
eligible candidate.

I needed some days to think about the nomination to be sure that i am
motivated, have the time and that i have the open and global view on the project that is necessary. And what is more important from my point of view that i have a realistic view because the work in all the different areas have to be done. Talking only is not enough. And the heart is still the product itself. A good product that we can promote, where we can do marketing for, that we can localize to reach even more people, that we can customize to reach other user groups like OOo4Kids, and that we can always improve to make it the best office suite of choice.

I know the project very well because i know it before it was born ;-)
And the reason why i still work full time on the project is the project self. Ok Sun as a good employer is a further very important point here as well.

My the potential CC work would i do in my spare time because it
wouldn't be part of my normal work. You see there is no real difference
to any other candidate ;-)

I am not looking for a further position or so, i am already the project lead of the API and Extensions project (but project lead positions are
not really important from my point of view). But i am always motivated
to improve things where i have the impression that things can be
improved. And that is the reason why i accept the nomination.

It's up to others now to vote for me or not. I am at least willing to do my best.

Thank you

Juergen

Cor Nouws wrote:
Hi all,

Louis Suarez-Potts wrote (13-10-2009 16:47)
**Call for Nominations**

I would like to nominate Juergen Schmidt as candidate for the Community Council. Juergen is well known as lead of the API project (and co-lead before) and in that position promoting the importance of more intuitive and better APIs among the developers. He worked on the UNO, SDK and DevGuide. He also is co-lead of the extensions project from the beginning. This project is an important bridge to many, often non-corporate, developers and contributors for the project. Juergen also makes valuable contributions to the marketing project, for example with organising the OpenOffice.org contribution for the FOSDEM and promotional goods... T-shirts :-) He is active at various levels in the project and whenever time allows, with an open mind to reach out. I consider this very useful for a position in the council, therefore I hope Juergen that will accept this nomination.

Looking at his background, the Code Contributor as well as the Product Development seat could be his place in the Community Council for the next years.

Best regards,
Cor