El 23/04/2010 11:37, en/na Rafaella Braconi ha escrit:
Hi Jordi,

On 23.04.10 11:21, Jordi Serratosa wrote:
Hi
Yesterday was a long day.
I sent my mail below at 20:10 (Barcelona time), after already having been experiencing problems all day long with the Pootle server. Actually, from that time I could only start accessing Pootle at around 3:00 in the morning. And I worked on it until 6:00 (yes, that late). Needless to say, due to all this waste of time (problems with Pootle server were actually starting the day before), Catalan translation for Help was not able to reach 100%. We've been working hard the past few days to have it ready but it was impossible to work with Poolte acting up like that.
This was causing a lot of frustration too.
Given all these problems, is there any chance the translation window could be extended 1 day or 2?
yes. We can start importing the other languages and leave Catalan as last one. This should give you the additional time requested. Please note that in future in case you encouter issues, you can also submit an issue pointing to the translated files and asking to have them uploaded to Pootle. This shouldn't be the rule, but in case of major issues we are happy to help where we can.
Thanks! I'll take that into consideration for the future
Have the strings already been pulled from Pootle into the builds?
Not yet.

Can we still work on translation and see our strings getting into the 3.2.1 build?
Yes. Please give us the GO once you are done.
Will do!
Sorry about that, I'm not yet used to the different ways of reporting things in the several OOO mailing lists.

Kind Regards,
Rafaella

salut
jordi s

El 22/04/2010 20:10, en/na Jordi Serratosa ha escrit:
Hi Ivo
Pootle server works for 10 minutes and then it goes down again for 30 min. It is quite unusuable at the moment.
I understand all languages must be working on Pootle, as you mentioned.
For Catalan, we're trying to finish the translation before tonight's deadline, but the fact that the Pootle server is unresponsive might prevent us from finishing the translation on time. Would it be possible to announce here some time before (like 1 hour) the "pulling of strings" from Pootle?

According to Rafaella "tomorrow morning we will start [pulling the strings]". About what time will that be? Does it mean that we have until then to work on translation?

salut
jordi s

El 22/04/2010 17:24, en/na Ivo Hinkelmann ha escrit:
Hi,

the current used version of pootle is not very fast. And all communities are working on the translation right today.

Seems the server freezed somehow, I restarted it.

Soon we will switch to a newer version of pootle then those performance bottle necks should no longer appear.

Cheers,
Ivo

Jordi Serratosa wrote:
Hi,
Pootle server seems to be down again at the moment...
<http://www.sunvirtuallab.com:32300>
Is there anything anybody can do?

salut
jordi s

El 21/04/2010 21:17, en/na Jordi Serratosa ha escrit:
Hi
It looks like it's working again... let's hope it stays like this!

salut
jordi s

El 21/04/2010 20:47, en/na Jordi Serratosa ha escrit:
Hi
I've been working all day long in Pootle server:
http://www.sunvirtuallab.com:32300/ca/index.html
trying to get the translations finished on time.

However, it looks like Pootle server is down at the moment.
Is it just me?

salut
jordi s