Hi Ruud,

>> Which would be do so right now? Is there a LT (local) service plug-in for
Mozilla? Or is ATD an option to achieve this feature?

A lot of work has gone into making AtD available for Google Chrome and
Firefox. Any checker that speaks the AtD protocol could work with these
other applications by changing the service end-point in the code.

I wrote a blog post on this a few days ago:

http://blog.afterthedeadline.com/2010/07/01/lets-make-more-proofreaders-available-in-more-places/

>> For Dutch we are looking for an option to signal words which are in
itself correct, but are nonetheless probably wrong.

As for correcting real-word errors (words that are correct but probably used
wrong), AtD does this using a language model that is kept in memory. These
LMs get pretty big unfortunately. If the LM was small enough, AtD would be a
client-side application and not a client/server application like it is now.

-- Raphael

Raphael Mudge
Code Wrangler, Automattic