From: Martin Srebotnjak <mi...@filmsi.net>
Date: 2010/7/23
Subject: Re: Slovenian Hyphenation in OpenOffice.org
To: Németh László <nem...@openoffice.org>, Caolán McNamara
<caol...@redhat.com>, Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.li...@gmail.com>,
c...@openoffice.org, thomas.la...@sun.com

Hello again,

I quickly reviewed some Eastern European/Slavic languages hyphenation
patterns for OpenOffice.org (I downloaded them the extension
repository - http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/dictionaries)
and compared them to the latest ones in texhyphen trunk
(http://tug.org/svn/texhyphen/trunk/hyph-utf8/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/txt/).

It seems to me that some language teams just copied the TeX patterns
without the needed conversion (like our team did years ago):
- Croatian (TeX version has 1475 patterns and OOo version 1476;
probably the difference is just an update of TeX patterns?)
- Czech (both have 3636 patterns);
- Serbian-latin (both have 2665 patterns);
- Slovak (both have 2467 patterns);

Unlike the latin version the Serbian-cyrillic seems to have been
converted, probably because of codepage issues (TeX: 2425, OOo: 2652).

The Polish ones seem converted (TeX: 4053, OOo: 4823).

I will update the Slovenian extensions with new hyphenation patterns
in the following days.

Lp, m.