Pretty much already had all of this working here:
https://github.com/openshift/openshift-ansible/pull/10898

For single host cluster, I think path of least resistance would be to
modify the bootstrap host to not pivot, make it clear it's 'not for
production' and we can take lots of shortcuts for someone just looking for
an easy, 1-VM openshift api.

I'm most interested in running OKD 4.x on Fedora rather than CoreOS.  I
might try to do something with that this weekend as POC.

--
Michael Gugino
Senior Software Engineer - OpenShift