Le 29/11/2019 à 13:20, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :

Sorry for these multiple answers, but after thinking about this issue, I arrived at the conclusion that we should consider the use of unicode subscript only as a failsafe solution. In GUI mode (Java console), we should use html output. This will solve the problem of readability of exponents and allow many interesting stuff, such as outputing links, ...

This was possible in some master (in 5.3 or 5.4?), when Calixte developed the scimax module. In the scimax home page, there were some examples using and rendering latex expressions in the console,
including loading images (like the puffin :-) with \includegraphics.
And it nicely worked, indeed.
Unfortunately, this feature was removed. AFAIK and remember, it set some security issue.

Being able to style and/or make some output active would be very useful, indeed.

For instance to

 * use different colors to display instructions lines, results,
   warnings, and error messages (reported bugs)
 * set internal or external hyperlinks
 * etc

Whatever is the implementation, some effects would have to be managed to keep clean and clear the history, the diary(), and may be other existing features related to the console inputs or/and outputs.

Samuel