 Thank You

Ewan Le Bideau-Canévet

1) https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/project:platform/upstream/gstreamer+status:open 2) https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/project:platform/upstream/gst-plugins-base+status:open 3) https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/project:platform/upstream/gst-plugins-good+status:open 4) https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/project:platform/upstream/gst-plugins-bad+status:open 5) https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/project:platform/upstream/gst-plugins-ugly+status:open 6) https://review.tizen.org/gerrit/#/q/project:platform/upstream/gst-libav+status:open

Le 24/11/2014 10:59, Kévin THIERRY a écrit :

On 11/24/2014 10:04 AM, Yin, Yan wrote:
Hi,

Regards,
Yin, Yan

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominig ar Foll [mailto:dominig.arf...@fridu.net]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 4:58 PM
To: Yin, Yan; dev@lists.tizen.org; a.shel...@samsung.com
Subject: Re: [Dev] Considering gstreamer upgrade to 1.4 ? ( tizen multimedia )

Le 24/11/2014 04:22, Yin, Yan a écrit :
libmm is used in profile for Tizen 2.x The alignement with Yocto is
done for 3.0 and does not affect Tizen 3.x legacy.
[Yan] a typo? do you mean Tizen 2.x legacy actually?
Yes. Sorry it's 2.x legacy. Well spotted.
@Yan,
thanks for raising a flag, but in that case we can ignore it and
proceed with the upgrade if there is no other blocker.
  [Yan] some other things will be impacted thus needs evaluation:
1) Samsung contributed gstreamer plugins to share packages, e.g. gst-
plugins-base, gst-omx.
2) Samsung contributed gstreamer plugins to new packages, e.g. gst-
plugins-ext0.10, gst-plugins-camera-e3250, gst-plugins-e4x12, gst-plugins-
fimcconvert, gst-plugins-s5pc2xx.
3) packages depending on gstreamer, such as gst-rtsp-server-wfd.

included Andrey Shelest from Samsung who contributes latest changes to
gst-plugins-base/gst-omx from git history for comments.
Note that in Tizen 3.x we only support GStreamer 1.x. Tizen 2.x is still based
on 0.1x and lives on a legacy branch.
[Yan] Samsung changes in gst-omx/gst-plugins-base/gst-rtsp-server-wfd (even libmm-wfd) are already ported from gstreamer 0.10 to 1.2.4, as part of last gstreamer upgrading efforts.

4) another thing, why gstreamer 1.4.1, not latest stable 1.4.4?
The selected strategy is to align with Yocto project which as more support on
alternative architecture than Intel and shoudl make the live easier to
platform developers.
[Yan] these seems to cause a tight lockup between Tizen package version and Yocto's, if next time GStreamer in Tizen is needed to upgrade for some reasons, we have to upgrade Yocto recipes first?
It depends, the idea is to use upstream recipes as much as possible so if we need to update a package then the best way will be to update it on the Yocto side and use it. If it's not possible we will just go with our own recipe/source. This is also true in the case where we want a lower version than the one provided by Yocto, we will just use our own recipe/sources but we want to avoid that for as many packages as possible since it means duplicated work. Right now both Tizen and Yocto are moving forward independently but we're working on unifying them (hence the package updates).

--
Dominig ar Foll
Senior Software Architect