It was <2014-11-26 śro 15:21>, when Dominig ar Foll (Intel OTC) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as you know we are aligning as much as we can Tizen packages version
> with Yocto 1.7 packages version.

I've got something in common with Carsten Haitzler, i didn't know that
for sure.

> The goal is to increase portability of Tizen on multiple platforms
> while reducing the maintenance burden on common packages.
>
> Once that this full alignment will be done, Tizen Common will
> represent about 150/200 packages (today its just bellow a 1000) on top
> of a standard Yocto/Poky reference.
> These specials will mostly be related to :
>   - security and data privacy
>   - advanced communications
>   - Web run time
>   - App development and execution FW.
[...]

The question is: how can we transfer the effort we put into package
maintance on Tizen (Yocto) to Yocto (Tizen)? For example, We are almost
ready to upgrade systemd to 216 on Tizen and, as far as we know, that is
the version available on Yocto. However, we would like to upgrade
systemd further (217 as of today) because we need it to follow upstream
efforts in the kdbus field. How can we make Yocto use systemd 217 so we
can use it on Tizen?

Such alignment also means we need to make sure all the tiny bits in the
packaging directory fit both systems. How can we achieve that?

Yours truly,
Concerned Maintainer.
--
Łukasz Stelmach