Thanks for the extra context, everyone.

The main thing I was missing was how the various layers and components
mapped onto the images.   I was aware of the components, just not how they
were being delivered :-)

Knowing now that
https://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/mobile/latest/images/target-TM1/mobile-wayland-armv7l-tm1/
covers
both kernel and userland, and is not exclusively TM1-specific makes it all
a lot more understandable to me.

Thanks!

--
b...@summerwill.net