Hello!

First of all, thank you all for making this project possible.

Livy is adopted by many organizations and has been incredibly useful. It is also
what made Jupyter notebooks work with Spark, via sparkmagic, which by itself
already made a huge impact in the world of Data Science and Machine Learning,
Data Engineering with Spark.

We are thinking of making some updates to Apache Livy and noticed that it
relies on Python 2.

As we all know, PSF decided to sunset Python 2 as of January last year, with no
further support - including security patches - available anymore.
https://www.python.org/doc/sunset-python-2/

According to JetBrains' Python Developers Survey 2018, already in 2018 Python 2
usage by developers was at 16% and was dropping rapidly.
https://www.jetbrains.com/research/python-developers-survey-2017/

Are there any plans to drop support for Python 2 and move to Python 3.7+?
How hard in your estimate would it be to make this upgrade?

Kind regards,
Renat