Spring boot comes with actuator endpoints that provide a rudimentary ability to
display loggers and set levels, but it doesn’t understand filters or anything
more complex. Since the log4j2.xml file is included inside the Spring boot app
it isn’t possible to monitor it for changes. I am looking for ideas on how we
can better support dynamic updating of the logging configuration, perhaps by
allowing the file to reside in Spring Cloud Configuration and be monitored
there, the ability to expose something that would allow the file to be replaced
via REST or something else.

Any ideas?

Ralph