On Sat, Jan 4, 2020 at 11:40 PM Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> The project to which PMC members belong is Apache Logging Services. When a
> committer is invited they have access to all the logging project repositories
> except for the one area that is limited to PMC members.
>
> If you plan on making significant contributions you should sign an ICLA.

That makes sense; I'll look into doing that shortly.

> Yes, there are a few steps in a release that require a PMC member but most of
> the release process can be accomplished by a committer. That said, acting as
> a release manager is a quick way to get invited to any ASF PMC :-)

I have been doing a lot of releases at work lately, so working on most
of the release process should be pretty straightforward for me to do.
I should be able to take a look at the (current) release scripts in
the next few days or so.

-Robert Middleton