Guten Tag Stephen Webb,
am Sonntag, 12. Januar 2020 um 07:38 schrieben Sie:

> Could you tell us why the vote did not happen on these occasions?

Because things stopped at the point before for mostly two reasons: The
first is there were still some open organisational questions to me
like is distributing to dist-dev the proper thing to do for voting,
who moves things to the official dist-repo in case of success, who
adds my signing keys used for the release there and stuff like that.

The second was some technical things, like which files should the
release contain, some version numbering issues etc. I simply tried to
keep things as they were in older releases, but other opinions have
occured etc. In my opinion any changes to what a release contains
should simply be ignored in the first place and provided at most what
has been provided in the past. I'm somewhat sure that my current
scripts provide that.

I guess the most relevant threads are the following:

> Re: [log4cxx] Release process releated questions
> Re: Next release
> Re: [log4cxx] Current State

Adding signing keys in the dist-repo, copying releases to that etc.
are the still open things I think.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--