The only requirement to become an experienced open source developer is passion.
Open source developers are just people who like to work on code that everyone
can use. That’s it. If you have the time, can help with the technical problems
needed to get the project moving, and can collaborate with others you have
everything you need.

Yes, the code base is still at Github and nothing has been done that can’t be
undone. But for the PMC to move the project out of dormant status you would
first need to demonstrate progress, which might mean collaborating on a private
fork until you are ready to merge it.

Ralph