No. What I am implying is that you would begin the work necessary to perform a
release on a fork. When you are ready you would submit a PR and one or more of
the existing PMC members would review that and merge it. You would then
collaborate with us to get the release published.

There is a big difference between us reviewing PRs and merging them for stuff
we know little about vs us providing the karma you will need to formally get a
release done.

Ralph