Guten Tag Robert Middleton,
am Sonntag, 20. September 2020 um 03:47 schrieben Sie:

> Perhaps, although that does require doxygen to be installed.  My
> thought on that though
> is that you only want to generate API docs on every commit if they are
> clearly for
> bleeding-edge uses; generally, people should be using the
> documentation for the release
> that they are using.

Publishing online is bleeding-edge per definition, that's why the
different directories "latest|next|old_stable" exist: Within each of
those, APIDOCs can be as current as the latest commit to their
associated branches. No need to maintain/update/generate that manually
in theory.

> Anyway, I've done some conversion that you can see here:
> https://rm5248.com/log4cxx/apidocs/index.html

How things look like is pretty much a matter of taste, but the
overall aproach to move content to markdown and render that somehow
seems like the correct thing to do. In the end it's pretty much the
same approach like is done with "package-info.java" for JAVADOC in the
end in my opinion. There are some projects which only publish contents
like how to use something etc. that way as well.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail: thorsten.schoen...@am-soft.de