From: Davyd McColl <dav...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 14, 2021 4:10 PM
To: dev@logging.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: log4net

Hi Joe

No, it shouldn't, particularly because we're very different projects, on very
different platforms, and I understand that the log4j vuln is largely linked to
a  _dependency_ of log4j. The closest we've had was an xml vuln that was
patched some time ago.

That being said, I'm currently the only maintainer and I definitely have
written the least code in log4net, so if you or anyone else would like to audit
for vulnerabilities (and, even better, PR mitigations), I'm all for it.

-d

On December 14, 2021 16:03:39 Joe Kelly <joe.ke...@okcu.org> wrote:

> I was wondering if the log4net service has a similar vulnerability as
> log4j. There isn't any information on the log4net security page and
> the current version of 2.0.13 doesn't match the log4j version of 2.16.0.
>
> Joe Kelly
> Information Security Analyst
> P: 405.763.5425
> F: 405.602.6337
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.okcu.org__;!!FbZ0ZwI3Qg!6hdye55
> e93GuHBF0X4qMKophICSr0Nb5ggI6RBgb2lJoysQv8jdWynWoouaTpixMWg$
> <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.okcu.org__;!!FbZ0ZwI3Qg!6hdye
> 55e93GuHBF0X4qMKophICSr0Nb5ggI6RBgb2lJoysQv8jdWynWoouYBYxYhmg$ >
>
> joe.ke...@okcu.org <mailto:joe.ke...@okcu.org> Oklahoma's Credit Union
> Happy to Help(r)
>

> ________________________________
>
> NOTICE:
> This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom
> it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of
> this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent
> responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you
> are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying
> of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
> this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying
> to the original message at the listed email address.
>
> Happy to Help
> Oklahoma's Credit Union
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.okcu.org__;!!FbZ0ZwI3Qg!6hdye55
> e93GuHBF0X4qMKophICSr0Nb5ggI6RBgb2lJoysQv8jdWynWoouaTpixMWg$

INTERNAL - NI CONFIDENTIAL