A name like "version" should only be for tags. Once a version is released,
it does not make sense to have a branch by that name, but it would be OK to
have a name for a "maintenance line", as we did with "2.12.x", so here we
would have "1.2.x" which is lame IMO because we're ONLY EVER going to have
1.2 releases, so it might as well stay in master/main/trunk.

Gary