Before any Pull Requests are reviewed this discussion needs to come to a
conclusion.

So far I have seen some people in favor of option 1, none in favor of option 2,
none in
favor of option 3, some in favor of option 1 or option 4, no one in favor of
option 5
(with several -1s) and Vladimir who seems to be in favor of option 5 + more
(whatever
that may be).

Other than Vladimir and Leo I am not sure who the other contributors are and am
still
awaiting input from them.

In the meantime, we are still fighting fires in the Log4j 2 world and really
have limited
time to review these PRs right now anyway.

Ralph