While you may think they are just investigating the vulnerability there
really is a lot more that goes on behind the scenes. I know the second or third
CVE we
addressed took several days for me to be able to confirm it was actually a
vulnerability. I was quite surprised that the DNS system doesn’t follow the
spec
and reject invalid DNS names on some systems. I couldn’t understand how
anything
bad could happen with a URL with invalid characters in the host name field. We
actually had a few reports on the issue from different sources. One
reporter actually then did quite a bit of research to find out which systems
rejected the attach and which allowed it.

So I would give the team as much time as they need to respond.

Ralph