We have some blockers to strictly enforce RTC such as having enough
volunteer time to provide timely PR reviews along with an
unnecessarily long CI build time (especially when building locally
with all tests now takes about 15 minutes versus 45 minutes in CI). I
think we've mostly settled on using your best judgement on when to
request review before merging versus when you can simply commit
directly (e.g., why bother waiting for full builds to execute just to
fix a docs typo).