You publish to dist/dev for the vote. We review it there. You then move it to
dist/release after the vote passes. You obviously will not see them there - or
publicly in the downloads until they are moved to the release directory when
the vote passes.

The ASF requires the source zip be in the downloads directory - which means
they have to also be in the dist directory adjacent to the binaries. See
https://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#source-packages

Ralph