On Sat, Sep 24, 2022 at 09:56:50AM -0400, Robert Middleton wrote:
> Because of the above, I'm inclined to do an 0.13.1 release before the
> end of the year and wait a bit on the next major version before we're
> comfortable with it.  Does anybody have any thoughts?

Just a datapoint: Debian 11 ("bookworm") will got to the first stage of freeze
[1] on January 12th, 2023. I guess 0.13.1 will be ABI compatible, so a release
end of this year should work. (As such changes would be allowed until February
12th, aka Soft-Freeze.)
If SONAME needs to be bumped, it could get though to get it into bookworm, as
then the January 12th deadline becomes effective for log4cxx.

[1] https://release.debian.org/bookworm/freeze_policy.html

Cheers,
--
tobi