> Just a datapoint: Debian 11 ("bookworm") will got to the first stage of freeze
> [1] on January 12th, 2023. I guess 0.13.1 will be ABI compatible, so a release
> end of this year should work. (As such changes would be allowed until February
> 12th, aka Soft-Freeze.)
> If SONAME needs to be bumped, it could get though to get it into bookworm, as
> then the January 12th deadline becomes effective for log4cxx.

Just to note: the ABI check on gitlab currently fails, but that's
because of a removal of a private static member.  According to the KDE
documentation[1], that's fine to do so it would not require an SONAME
bump.

[1]: https://community.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C%2B%2B

-Robert Middleton