Update:

FTP masters have been very quick and approved the package, so the snapshot is
already in experimental. [1]

I've also rebuilt all reverse depdencies successfully and asked the release team
to approve the transition. [2]

[1] https://packages.debian.org/source/experimental/log4cxx
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1027746

Cheers,