On Tue, Sep 19, 2023, at 20:52, Vladimir Sitnikov wrote:
>> Scott, could you (or anybody else) spare time to perform the following
>> maintenance tasks?
>
> I don't use chainsaw personally, however, I am afraid I might run into
> a project that does, so I would prefer to keep docs afloat.
>
> Volkan,
> Does the deal qualify for log4j 1.x?
> I would love to resolve issues like 1..6 for log4j 1.x: adding GitHub
> Actions CI, fixing stale pom references, documenting release steps,
> and so on.

We discussed this back then and agreed not to revive a project for several
reasons.

However, time has passed.

You should make a separate thread on this topic on this list, and we should
exchange arguments again if you want to talk about it.

I cannot say if something changed in the PMC opinion, but we also have some new
people on the board; maybe there are other opinions now.

Kind regards,
Christian