An old colleague of mine said “Software decays over time”. This is a very true
statement and applies to Chainsaw, just as it does to everything else.  Java
versions and dependencies become unsupported. Security bugs in dependencies get
exposed. A project that just sits and never updates becomes untrustworthy due
to all of these changing factors.

The problems isn’t “not removing links”, it is that there is always a cost to
saying something is still supported even if no one is doing any actual work on
it. The longer the code goes untouched the longer that “future cost” becomes.
Eventually someone has to do something. If no one ever is going to then you
might as well let users know it is never going to be maintained.

Ralph