On Thu, Nov 2, 2023, at 17:04, Gary Gregory wrote:
> Log4j 3 matching Spring 3 seems obviously a good thing to me. Going to Java
> 17 seems to me as well a good thing.
>
> Gary
>
> On Thu, Nov 2, 2023, 7:04 AM Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>
>> I should add that I am concerned that we are missing a huge opportunity
>> with Spring 3. A lot of folks will start their migration to Spring 3 early
>> next year. Tying Log4J 3.x to that is a big opportunity for people to
>> upgrade at the same time.

If this is the case, then how would we achieve the goal of releasing it
together?

With flume, audit and the other stuff eating time, it will be hard to get this
done.

This workload is too much for this handful of people. Removing load was btw
also the idea of retiring components, so we can spend this time on other things
of interest

I would like to suggest that we have a team call soon where we collect our
ideas of how we can reach that and refresh our shared vision.

Btw what is meant with spring 3? Spring boot is 3.1.15 already, spring
framework is 6.x.