Hi all,

Do note that building from sources, not git, is an Apache requirement. IIRC
reproducibility is a nice-to-have for Apache, but are we making this a
Logging or Log4J requirement? So a review should not be based on a git tag
IMO, it should be based on downloading the src zip or tar and building from
that, which is what a Linux distribution that builds everything from first
principles would do.

Gary