Hi Ralph,

On Fri, 24 May 2024 at 22:50, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
> Thanks!  Is there any chance you could provide some sample code we could use
> to perform performance testing?  Based on your description I have a suspicion
> that ScopedContext would perform even better but at this point that is just
> speculation without tests. Of course, that may be minimal and might not be
> worth the effort of having to change code.

I am sure `ScopedContext` can be as fast as `ThreadContext`. I pushed
a JMH benchmark we could improve to get some measurements[1].

It's a work in progress, I am not sharing the first results, because
the two differ by almost two orders of magnitude. I suspect some
aggressive JVM optimization is taking place.

Piotr

[1]
https://github.com/apache/logging-log4j2/blob/2.x/log4j-perf-test/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/perf/jmh/ThreadContextVsScopedContextBenchmark.java