On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Uwe Schindler <u...@thetaphi.de> wrote:

> In 3.1 we dont remove QP from core, so lets fix it there. In 4.0 we can
> possibly have a totally new QP with no backwards at all, so no problem. As
> Earwin noted in another reply: His comment is the way QP should work, but
> this is hard to do with analyzers in front (I would have some ideas). But
> then we must do it without crappy javacc or jflex and with Analyzer only +
> some self-coded stuff only.

I don't want to "give up" on fixing this second whitespace problem
until 4.0. Mostly because it prevents Lucene from having proper n-gram
search where n-grams are word-spanning (this is the classic case that
is well understood and gives good results for lots of Euro languages).

So this is why i was against this option, because I want to fix this
later too, and not make it impossible.

--
Robert Muir
rcm...@gmail.com