From: ext Mark Miller [mailto:markrmil...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 24, 2010 4:40 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr updateRequestHandler and performance vs. atomicity

Indexing a doc won't be as fast as raw disk IO. But you won't be doing
just raw disk IO to guarantee acceptance. And that will have a cost and
complexity that really makes me wonder if its worth the speed advantage.
For very large documents with complex analyzers...perhaps. But its not
going to be an easily implementable feature (if its a true guarantee).
And its still got to involve logs and/or fsync and all that.

The reasoning for this is not ringing a bell - can you elaborate on the
motivations?

Is this so that you can commit on every doc? Every few docs?

I can def see how this would be desirable in general, but just to be
clear on your motivations.

- Mark

--
- Mark