Are you sure you have uniqueKey field in your "lucene" index? Distributed search needs it.

Koji Sekiguchi from mobile

On 2010/06/08, at 15:52, Scott Zhang <macromars...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi. All.
I am coming from solr user mailing list. I got a problem with distributed search. Looks it is BUG/ISSUE in solr itself.

I am trying to use solr to search over 2 lucene indexes. I am following the solr tutorial and test the distributed search example. It works. Then I am using my own lucene indexes. Search in each solr instance works and return the expected result. But when I do distributed search using "shards". It only return the "numFound"=14. But the result contain nothing.

The doc in my existing lucene indexes, when search with distributed search, none of them are returned. But the docs inserted from solr post.jar are returned successfully. Don't know why. looks the lucene docs has some difference from solr's lucene. And my situation is, I already have 72 indexes folders which occupy lots of disk and repost them to solr will take very long time, so I have to stick with my existing index. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks.
Regards.