>> Something here is using lucene 3.x or trunk code, since
>>CharTermAttribute[Impl] only exists in unreleased versions!

Doh!   I forgot to switch my binaries back to Solr 1.4.1 from 3.x.  Thanks for
the catch Robert.  The subject line should read: Solr/Lucene 3.x Analysis
console gives error regarding CharTermAttributeImpl that is not in the target

I do need to port my filter to lucene 3.x, so is there 3.x documentation about
use of CharTermAttributeImpl?

Is this something that needs to be in the TokenStream examples in the 3.0.2
org.apache.lucene.analysis package.html?

Tom