Earwin:

LogMergePolicy.getUseCompoundFile() is a public and not private API on
trunk, not deprecated and used. Perhaps you are talking about something
else?

I'm aware of LUCENE-2773, but still, if you look at LMP's
getUseCompoundFile() in trunk, you'll see it does not factor in the
noCFSRatio setting. It always returns 'useCompoundFile'.

Shai