I don't want to read the schema.xml, but I do want to create factories
using the same parameters they use in schema. So, it looks like I need
to play around with ResourceLoaders and maybe SPI loaders, so things
like wordlists get loaded.

Starting from FieldAnalyzer turned out to be a dead-end because it was
using pre-initialized field definitions. But starting again from Test
cases seem to be somewhat more productive.

The idea for the project is to give a web UI where a user can quickly
put one or more analyzer stacks together and see how it/they perform
against text (multiple texts). A bit similar to FieldAnalyzer but
allow to have multiple stacks side-by-side and NOT needing to reload
the core to add new ones. Then, generate the XML definition, ready for
pasting in. That's the target anyway.

Regards,
   Alex.
Personal: http://www.outerthoughts.com/ and @arafalov