On 1/24/11 10:17 AM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
Hi Shai,

I am fine with that, we can still support 3.y [y means the version that
was at this point released] after a release of 4.0 but no new features
or non-bug-fixes. This means a change like the index format change would
not be allowed for 3.y after 4.0 was released.

So +1 for this strategy!

+1 to the overall proposal. Just a note... Index format changes, even invasive, could be nicely handled if both 3.x+1 and 4.x used Codec API that handles all parts of the index. Then data compatibility (not API compat) would be a matter of writing a back-compat codec, or simply keeping the old one around.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><