I think you misunderstood me there. I'm not talking about not using the
test framework at all, but parts of it. e.g. how the test
using MiniSolrCloudCluster follows a different approach as compared to
other SolrCloud tests. I forgot to update here but I've finally figure why
it never failed for me (I had a default realm set in my /etc/krb5.conf file
on my machine).
So yes, I'm just trying to find a way to test this part in the correct
manner, and it may just involve an approach that is different from what
most tests currently use. I hope that makes sense.