Right, as I said, we weren't hitting this issue due to our Kerberos conf.
file. i.e. the only thing that was different on our machines as compared to
everyone else and moving that conf file got the tests to fail for me. It
now fails fairly consistently without the patch (from SOLR-7468) and has
been looking good with the patch.