Hmmm.  I pulled up this file in IntelliJ in my git checkout and viewed the
history.  It went back to March 17th 2010 (earlier than the 2012 you found)
with git hash 3ee0ace1ba6b9bff3ffaa278c0bba07e6064057d    with a commit
message of:
git-svn-id:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/solr/branches/newtrunk@924483
13f79535-47bb-0310-9956-ffa450edef68
All files were added in that commit; it's the earliest commit in this git
repo.  This is the kind of thing I should be able to fix if I build a repo
manually.

Side note: I used to be able to see the commands IntelliJ gave to git, but
I don’t see it in the latest EAP anyways.  I was wondering if it passed the
an option to git log like --find-renames=40% to be more aggressive in its
rename detection.