> I noticed there is a comment in the
> org.apache.solr.servlet.DirectSolrConnection class which reads, "//Find a
> way to turn List<ContentStream> into File/SolrDocument". Did anyone find a
> way to do this?

Turns out that comment was left over from some experimenting one of our team
was doing. But I suppose the question still stands.

Addressing the "retrieve the unique ID from the document" issue, does it
matter if the unique ID you do the hash on is the actual uniqueKey of the
document? Surely as long as you generate some value unique for each document
to index (for example, the name of the doc/stream + the current time) it
would still distribute the documents as we expect?

Alex