Thanks Mike for volunteering!

I wanted to get SOLR-8619 in for 5.5.0, I'll mark that as a blocker as it
can potentially cause data loss. I'm currently working on that.

I also have a bunch of Solr related stuff I wanted to commit before moving
on the 6.0 path so back-compat wouldn't be a problem, but we can always
have another deprecation release before 6.0 if needed, specially once we
have the git based release process ironed out.

I am not saying we WILL have another 5.x release, just a thought. It all
depends on the release timeline for 6.0 :)