Wait, what do you mean by Lucene not supporting back-compat? Lucene 6.0
will be able to read Lucene 5.0 indexes. The only thing that we don't
guarantee support for is API, which isn't the case here.

So what's in 6.0 that can't read a 5.x Solr. It can't be the index format
since that's supported by Lucene. Is it the ZK format? If so, should we try
to "version" it so that a 6.0 code can read a 5.x version? Is it something
else / additionally?

Shai